Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Full Weekend

(Originally posted on August 18th, 2008)

A few paychecks ago, I noticed that my 'vacation hours accrued' was approaching that critical maximum number, which meant I needed to take some time off or the hours would stop accruing - not good. So this weekend I crossed my fingers, entrusted the web site and databases to my co-workers and took Friday and Monday off work.

On Friday, I celebrated my friend Justin's birthday with him and his lovely wife, Amara at Tucson's Mei Mei Chinese Restaurant. I recommend it highly (and not just because the owners are parents of a friend of theirs). A good time was had by all, and I'll miss them when they leave Tucson at the end of this month.

On the way to Prescott

Early on Saturday morning, I set out for my friend Abby's home in Prescott. You can see how beautiful and green that part of Arizona is in the photo to the right - go on through to Flickr and the other 60 photos I took over the two days I was there. The journey went smoothly apart from having to do the "Let's find where they're selling gas at non-extortionate prices" game. Gotta love the economy. :P

Abby is a great hostess, and I thoroughly enjoyed spending the weekend with her and her friend Mari who was also visiting from Las Vegas. We celebrated Abby's *mumble* birthday on Saturday night with a few other friends, good food (who'd have ever thought I'd have gone back for more than one helping of grilled salmon!) and just a little craziness. Talking of craziness, we had far, far too much fun making a little video to console ourselves that our mutual friend Lori couldn't be there with us.

Waking up relatively sober on Sunday morning, we took the time for a leisurely breakfast at the Creekside Café followed by a walking tour of downtown Prescott. Afterwards, I was able to edit and upload the video before it was time for me to head south again. I made a little detour once I got to Phoenix ... but that will have to be the subject of my next post. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. My *mumble* birthday, huh? I kinda like that. Maybe I won't have any more numbered ones after this. Who wants to keep counting anyway?

    I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend in Prescott. When are you coming back? I promise there will always be salmon on the grill!

    ReplyDelete