Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Miscellaneous Life Things - Numbered For Your Convenience

(Originally posted on August 26th, 2008)

Scary Insect Thing
  1. Went to Breakers Water Park on Saturday with Alix and JP. Had fun, should have used more sunblock.
  2. Spent some time at Justin and Amara's going-away party on Saturday evening. They are crazy, crazy people and I'll miss them. I ate far too many of the little hot dogs and think I may have to buy some myself next time I shop for food.
  3. Coming home on Saturday evening, a praying mantis managed to enter the house as I did, and then decided to sit on the wall next to the front door so it could continue to freak me out. Although I was at least as freaked out as Alex was during a similar incident, I simply let Sedona and Gizmo loose on the thing, and within seconds it was deceased and turned into a delightful plaything.
  4. Talking of Gizmo, here's the latest photos:
    Gizmo staring With Sedona Under a stool In the kitchen
  5. Sunday was uneventful.
  6. Monday was back-to-work as usual day, with an exciting visit to my friendly neighborhood gyno in the afternoon. <sarcasm>I do love doctor's offices where they ask you to turn up 20 minutes early for your 3:00 p.m. appointment, you get called in at 3:45 p.m. and at 4:30 p.m. you're sitting there, naked from the waist down and wondering if the doctor actually bothered to turn up for work that day.</sarcasm> I won't go into gory details, but I'll be taking some sick time in the next few weeks. If anyone's really curious, leave a comment and I'll get back to you. Meanwhile, I'll just leave you with Dr Graziano's parting words "It's not normal for there to be one that big....".
  7. Today I finally knuckled down to some serious work tasks I'd been neglecting, like posting eleven days' worth of weight loss blog entries. Well, it's more like a weight maintenance blog now. I've plateaued again. At least my white jeans are loose on me for the first time in years.
  8. Tonight, I need to re-watch MSNBC's Born in the Wrong Body: A Change of Heart, take notes and see what I can pull out of it for a synopsis on Transcend Gender. It's not going to be easy - I've already decided it won't be a review or commentary, because the subject matter is so controversial it would take me to places I'm not comfortable going. I had several friends who just didn't want to watch it all, for understandable reasons. I'm simply going to summarize what happens, and let people make up their own minds about whether they want to watch it or not. And that's all I'm going to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment