This guy is one of the spiny-tailed iguanas that live right by where our employees have lunch. He was sitting on the path right in front of me, and didn't move despite me holding the camera phone within a foot of his face. I turned around, rather than disturb him by stepping over him - he's a big fellow and easily spanned the whole path width. My colleague Alix later told me she saw him in the same spot, so he must have been there a long time.
So, I'm still alive. Yes, I'm sure none of you were really worried. I just haven't been inspired to post much of anything recently. I've been preoccupied with several issues that I can't go into publicly and to distract myself, I've been playing a little World of Warcraft, reading the blogs of various friends, where they talk about their exciting and activity-filled lives. I've also been playing with the Facebook Application API, although my activity in that area has waxed and waned more than a spring moon, so don't expect any imminent announcements from me on that score!
I also got a haircut, ate at home with a friend, ate out with another friend and made plans for February socializing. (And if you clicked on all the links in this post, you're just a click-happy person!)
With a fulltime job on top of that, I can't really complain. And yet, in contrast to many people I know, my "happiness meter" doesn't correlate to how busy I am, or how full my life is. I'm still discovering what does affect it.
I wonder how happy the iguana is.








It seems that so many people I know, whether here, in Tucson, or all the way across the country are striving to find their center again. I only hope each and every single one of us does just that.
ReplyDeleteThat sure is a big, beautiful lizard! I really like creatures like that, I find them fascinating!
ReplyDeleteWe all go through periods of readjustment to big changes in our lives. We have to find a new balance in our lives after these big changes. The thing is that you can't sit and wait for it to happen because you'll be drifting for a long time while waiting. You have to take an active part in restructuring your life to compensate for the changes, at least to some extent. n You'll get your "happiness meter" figured out, bit by bit.
Not sure what I'd think if I found him across my path, but I'm happy you are both somewhere far warmer than I am right now!
ReplyDeleteI wonder if he'd let me borrow a bit of that sun he was probably soaking up?
alan
Would you consider submitting this post to the upcoming Carnival of the Arid?
ReplyDelete