Although I do quite a bit of cooking for myself, I rarely follow recipes these days. Instead, I tend to make them up on the fly and end up with food that almost no-one except myself could possibly enjoy.
Take dinner tonight, for example:
- Take the last dregs of a bag of frozen steak fries. Chop into 1" pieces.
- Take the last dregs of a bag of frozen green beans, and place in a microwaveable bowl with the fries.
- Chop one italian sausage into 1/2" pieces. And to the bowl.
- Crumble in one beef stock cube, and add water to just cover the other ingredients.
- Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy!
It really was delicious!








Here my learning of late has been how to wok and I'm always amazed that I actually like the vegetables when they come out of it; this from someone who grew up on meat and potatoes and canned veggies and usually despises things like brocoli and carrots.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like it might be just as delightful!
alan