Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Fledgling

Remember this post? Almost three months ago now. Despite several false starts and much adversity, at least one egg has hatched. You can see the proud mother and child in this photo. Whether the other eggs visible there will hatch later or not, remains to be seen.

Not all incubations take the same amount of time. Sometimes they're fruitless. But isn't it wonderful to see a fledgling emerge into the world, especially when it took so long you'd almost given up all hope? I don't think it will be long before the baby takes to the wing and flies, either.

I haven't felt much like blogging over the past few weeks. My friend Leith has a theory as to why, and while I'm not sure she's right, it's an interesting thought. She postulated that I'm done - the process through which I was working is over. She attributes the same reasoning to her own hiatus from blogging (at her much-missed 'Being T' blog under the 'Riftgirl' alias), although I suspect that she - like me - will be back before too long. ;-)

Perhaps with an entirely new process to work through. Who knows. Life's a funny old thing.

1 comment:

  1. The cycles of life; in your photo and it's story; in the life of a blog...current ebbing and flowing like a river, sometimes languishing in the sun and others a torrent!

    I hand-raised a pair of mourning doves a boy in the neighborhood brought me years ago when they lost a tree in a storm. It was amazing how quickly they grew and after they were free each time I heard one I wondered was it one of them, or later, an offspring!

    You've been close to something magical, but then that fits as you are magical yourself!

    alan

    ReplyDelete