Friday, January 30, 2009

More Uncoverings of the Past

My mother sent me email me earlier this week. She's been doing some cleaning out:

There's a small attache-case with infant drawings, school reports, a couple of team-sport photos, etc. which I can continue to hold on to or send, whichever you like. I note that while your teachers praise you and your marks/place in form are excellent, they sometimes worry that you were quiet, not forthcoming enough, and at times you dropped back a bit; nowhere is there any mention of the fact that you were away for weeks with glandular fever -- which is devastating, or that some of the form chose you to pick on until Mrs. Green (?) put a stop to it. You had so many problems from outside yourself that I think you did absolutely amazingly well; so maybe you'd like to have the reports to look at and keep now.

I remember the case. I thought it had been lost when my mother's car was broken into and ransacked back in the mid 1980s. I'm glad it survived, and now I'm very curious about what it contains. I asked my mother whether she had any friends with a scanner:

I've got a friend who's often offered scan/send facility; good opportunity, will ask Sat am -- she & husband & I have coffee together Sats most w/ends. There's a lot, so I'll send team-sports & school friends & items of most interest. School reports I can transpose into straight e-mail as no photos involved.

I have this feeling that whatever comes out of this is going to inspire a new series of blog posts. Stay tuned, gentle readers...

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the case will find it's way to you eventually!

    I just replaced a scanner so I can start into my Dad's and my negative & slide collections before they deteriorate further. I'll still hang onto the best of the originals, but there is a lot of "junk" in there, especially in mine, lol!

    I'm looking forward to more of those magical posts you write so very well!

    alan

    ReplyDelete