And now for something completely different...
Sometimes people ask me why I find it so easy to talk (endlessly, at times!) with those who are going through transition. After all, it's not an experience I share with them, exactly. A conversation I had with my friend Renee this morning might help answer that question.
Warning: Do not read if you are humor-impaired. Instead, click the image to the right to watch some classic Monty Python and repair your humor sense.
Me: I really don't feel like getting out of bedRenee: then don't
it's only social constraint that tells you that you should
be a rebelMe: I'm trying to resist the urge to switch the heating on
It's not THAT cold
I'm going for it. Clothing.Renee: hahMe:
(a few minutes later)
I have successfully transitioned from the bedroom to the living roomRenee: wow, that fast? did you have to tell your wife? how did the kids take it? when are you going to schedule your srs (sofa removal surgery)? and can you really measure these things as "success" and "failure"?Me:Renee:Me: The furkids came with me on my journey!Renee: hah, good for them. I'm glad you've raised such open-minded cats.Me: I am so proud of their acceptance of other roomsAnd the Rest of the Story (Deleted Scenes, or Outtakes)
Renee:
we should post this to one of our blogsMe: Yes!Renee: you haven't blogged in a while...Me: It's rather irreverent...Renee: indeedMe: You think it would be taken the right way?Renee: I have no idea...Me: I might include this conversationRenee: that's up to you...I probably wouldn't, but I'm like that!The Making of the Outtakes
Renee: you could break it up too...do the first part...then have a break with maybe a header called "and the rest of the story..." or "deleted scenes"Me: OuttakesRenee: there you go








You have a making of the making of the blog. How very post-modern of you!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the new world ... or should that be new couch? Either way, I support you in your transition. Just remember - never go back! At least not until it's time for bed again. ;-)
ReplyDeleteWho ever said instant message sessions were supposed to be reverent?
ReplyDeleteI'm going to transition from the couch back to the bed and it's only early afternoon. Does this indicate a step backwards in the process? (My calico, on the other hand, has never left the bed today. I think she's having an attack of inertia.)
ReplyDelete@Renee: Is that what post-modern is? ;-)
ReplyDelete@Abby: Thank you for your support! So far, my new life is working out well!
@Lori: That's very true. And I have the log files to prove it. ;-)
@Kinsey: Detransition is nothing to be ashamed of, if you're sure it's right for you. And your calico may simply be a cross-roomer - be careful not to judge her choice of location!