Sunday, February 22, 2009

In the News Today

  1. My friend Erin is featured in this Arizona Daily Star Special Report. Go read about her, and the many others like her. I'm amazed that the comments are as supportive as they are, given the usual trash that people normally say there. It's encouraging.

  2. Also in the Arizona Daily Star, this article on the buffelgrass problem. Which is all well and good, except that they send people to http://www.buffelgrass.org/, which still has my work email address listed as the main contact, even though the web site has been out of my hands for at least a year now. I will be forwarding all the "This neighborhood is overrun with Buffelgrass. While we have tried keep it at bay, our neighbors have let it go wild." and "Can you include a good picture of Buffelgrass to use as a sample for the general public to be able to recognize the plant?" emails to the right people, but I do need to talk to Alix about getting that changed. It just adds an extra delay into the process of responding to these inquiries.

No comments:

Post a Comment