Monday, March 2, 2009

Dry spell

I have this feeling that I should be writing about what's going on in my life, but the truth is that there's very little that I can say, and what there is isn't very exciting. Let's try some bullet points, and see how far I get.

  • I had to go through something difficult and challenging this morning. I made it through, only a little shaken, and I'd like to thank my friend Julie for agreeing to support me through it.
  • A secret project I'm working on with two other friends is close to the point where it won't need to be secret any more, and that's exciting.
  • We had a new guy start at work today, an accounting supervisor. He was inducted into our lunch group. He likes sports. That's going to change the geek dynamic a little.
  • I'm going to finally do my taxes tonight. I'm hoping for a nice refund.
  • I've been tracking my food intake on The Daily Plate for two weeks now. I'm always way over on sodium, and way under on protein. But keeping to my calorie goal hasn't been hard at all. Most days I've ended up within 50 calories of my limit.

Yup. Not very far.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had someone there for you when you needed them! You are so wonderful about going out of your way to support others; I'm glad some of it found it's way back around the circle!

    May your project "take wing" in a manner you love!

    Perhaps his dynamics will change as well!

    We mistakenly did our taxes on the Friday before Valentine's Day and found out that, though we had planned we hadn't been prepared...now I'm jobhunting, lol!

    I have so few vices left in this world, yet know I need to cut down my salt as well. Sadly, it's one I can even afford!

    May the rest of your week be wonderful and your weekend great!

    alan

    ReplyDelete