Thursday, July 16, 2009

Weighty Issues

It's been almost a month since I last recorded what I ate on the Daily Plate section of the LiveStrong web site. In that time, my weight has gone up about 5 lbs. I'm hoping that by my starting to keep track again, it'll settle back down - for my metabolism, a variation of 5 lbs in that short a time is huge.

I think I'm compensating for some recent stress in my life by eating indulgently. Not overeating, because my appetite doesn't normally let me do that. But I've been eating more desserts and more fatty foods rather than the "sensible" ones. Let's face it, when you've had a tough day and the fridge offers you the choice of chocolate truffles or a stick of celery, which are you going to choose?

Gentle readers, do not worry. I'm far, far from the dangers of anorexia. I like my food way too much to ever tread on that slippery slope. A little less flesh around my stomach and hips is all I'm hoping for. Meanwhile, here's a picture of me enjoying Ravioli di Portabello at Olive Garden for my final 880 calories before restarting my "diet".

2 comments:

  1. You've worked long and hard bringing your weight under control. Your tenacity for accomplishing what you set out to do is amazing. Good work, and good luck getting back to where you want to be again.

    There's no way I'm going to track what I ate yesterday! Oink oink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, do I EVER know how you feel! I too have put on weight with stress and it's such a pain! But it sounds like you know exactly what you're doing and will get it back under control shortly. Gah, after all you have been through, I think this will be a piece of cake (no pun intended ,lol). OOh and your hat is so cute!:)

    ReplyDelete