Thursday, March 4, 2010

In and Out of the Garden

Tucson Botanical Gardens
Gallery at the Gardens presents:
In and Out of the Garden
March 2 - April 25, 2010
A one-woman pastel exhibition of garden exuberance. Featuring the art of
Susan T. Fisher

This evening I was privileged to be invited to the artist reception for the above exhibit. Susan is the Director of the Art Institute at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum where I work, and she and Ronda have been my very good friends ever since I first met them there. Her studies of plants interpreted in pastels are just amazing and capture the beauty of nature in our backyard.

I was also surprised and pleased to meet up with Curt Campbell at the reception, the museum's former head of facilities. Retirement has treated him well, and he looked and sounded very content with life. The food and wine that Ronda arranged for the reception was excellent, and appreciated by all the guests - as you can see, many took advantage of the Botanical Garden's surroundings to snack in comfort.

If you're in or near Tucson and enjoy fine art, I urge you to drop by TBG and view this exhibition while it's still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment